Biomedical Testing and Treatments
Children with developmental disorders are unique individuals with complex disorders. They often have underlying health issues that contribute to and compound the effects of their disorder or are wholly responsible for their developmental disorder.
Diagnostic testing will be conducted on your child before therapeutic treatments are recommended. A unique therapeutic regimen is tailored to each child’s individual history, physical examination, and laboratory profile.
Following a thorough history, physical and neurological examination, we discuss the need for further testing, including, but not limited to the following:
- Assessments of genes and markers of neurological disorders
- Allergy testing (including sensitivities to gluten, casein, and other potential allergens)
- SNP panels for epigentic risk determination https://www.nutrigeneticresearch.org/education
- Amino acid testing and organic acid testing
- Metabolic testing
- Assessments of immune competency or dysfunction
- Neuropsychological assessments
- Neurophysiologic tests when appropriate
- Environmental toxicity
Once initial testing is completed, the Provider will discuss possible courses of treatment tailored to the specific needs of your child, incorporating integrative medicine approaches when appropriate.